We’re proud to be using the latest in glasswool insulation from Knauf, called Earthwool® glasswool.
We’ll be using R5.2 Earthwool glasswool in the ceiling between the ibeams, R2.8 (90mm) in the exterior wall cavity, and R1.3 (50mm) in the internal wall cavity, and R2.8 on the false floor above the slab.
We can’t wait to show photos of it being installed!
• Earthwool glasswool is a new generation of glasswool insulation made without the added phenol and formaldehyde used in some traditional coloured glasswool insulation products.
• Earthwool glasswool is made using recycled glass bottles, sand and with ECOSE® Technology.
• The recycled glass content of Earthwool glasswool is up to 80%.
• Earthwool glasswool is ‘super-soft’ because of our proprietart fiberisation process creates longer strands resulting in less “ends” to reduce mechanical irritation and our ECOSE Technology results in a much softer, less crunchy and less dusty insulation product.
• The brown colour of Earthwool glasswool is natural – no artificial colours or dyes are added.
• Earthwool glasswool is compression packed, which results in more product per pack to reduce warehousing and transport costs.
• Earthwool glasswool is ‘super-soft’ and easier to handle compared to traditional glasswool.
ECOSE ® Technology
• A revolutionary, formaldehyde free binder technology based on rapidly renewable materials instead of petro-based chemicals. It reduces embodied energy (by up to 70%) and delivers superior environmental sustainability.
• It contains no added formaldehyde, phenols, acrylics, artificial colours, bleaches or dyes.